[OpenAFS] salvage/directory entries

James E. Dobson James.E.Dobson@Dartmouth.EDU
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:22:34 -0500 (EST)

Another fun run in with the salvager...I have a handful of volumes (namei,
1.3.79) that went offline. I volinfo -fixheader'd the volumes then
salvaged. After salvage the volume appears to be intact except all top
level directories have been removed:

03/09/2005 17:14:03 dir vnode 1: ./ss_results (vnode 21): unique changed
from 46930 to 0 -- deleted

And so on for about 10 directories. My filenames are not unique and there
is no way that I can identify a file from its content (just raw bits) so
running -saveinodes will not work for me. Any ideas on how to rebuild the
directory structure? Is there a way to insert these directory entries back
into the volume?

Thanks,

-jed