[OpenAFS] Disappearing bosserver...

Miles Davis miles@cs.stanford.edu
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:49:56 -0800

OK, I've been seeing this on 1.3.x for a while, and I was just silently
hoping somebody else knew about it, and that it would get fixed on it's
own. :) Anyway, I have bosservers on Linux 2.6 that just... disappear. I
think I first noticed on 1.3.76, and it definitely happened on 77 and 79.
All the children (volserver, fileserver, etc) stay up just fine. Nothing
makes it to BosLog, that I can tell. I'm planning on turning on debugging
on bos to try and catch some more information next time. Anything else I
should be looking for? Anybody else seen this?

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities