[OpenAFS] AFS file locking doesn't work anymore with ms office xp

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:11:52 -0600

Please read the list archive and the wiki. There is already a proposal
for how to do it, but you cannot just simply convert everything to whole
file locks - if you do that, tons of programs on the client side will
fail. The client will have to manage all byte-range locks locally, but
translate to whole file locks when talking to the server.=20

Basically, the client cache manager code will need to proxy the lock
requests and manage who gets what locally on the system.

-- Nathan

University of Missouri - Rolla         Phone: (573) 341-6679
UMR Information Technology             Fax: (573) 341-4216
=20