[OpenAFS] uss add fails!

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:56:27 -0500

On Wednesday, March 16, 2005 01:31:40 PM +0000 dom.toretto@pandora.be wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I've now succeeded in putting up 3 working database and fileservers. This
> by installing the 1.2.11 version. So the quorum error is gone. No I am
> trying to create user accounts with the uss commands. But it won't work.
>
> This is the uss.template in /etc I've created:
>
>   A $USER 0 noreuse 5 01
>   G /afs/.khlimafs/users/$USER
>   V usr.$USER 10.1.202.20 /vicepb 51200 $AUTO/$USER $UID $USER all \
>     system:anyuser none

I think you are misunderstanding how 'G' works.
The directories you name with 'G' are possible choices to replace $AUTO.
They must already exist when uss runs; any that don't are ignored.

So, if you wanted to balance users between usr0 through usr9, you could say

G /afs/.khlimafs/usr0
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr1
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr2
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr3
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr4
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr5
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr6
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr7
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr8
G /afs/.khlimafs/usr9

And then use the V line you show above.
On the other hand, if you are always going to put them in 'users', then
just put the path in the V line instead of using $AUTO, and omit the G line
entirely.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer