[OpenAFS] heavy troubles with openafs 1.3.79 and kernel 2.6.11

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:42:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Guillaume Rousse wrote:

>> it seems to add some members to the inode struct, a list and a spinlock.
>> both of these are going to need to be inited since the auther apparenty
>> didnt put them in init_inode_once().  the changes openafs needs would be
>> similar to any of the ones in the past.  detect that member in at
>> configure time and initialize it in afs_vcache.c -- see the list archives
>> about how i_sb_list was handled.
> I'm far from a kernel guru, but if it is really a kernel structure
> initialisation problem, wouldn't a kernel patch fix it for everyone, instead
> of having all fs implementations to get changed so as to take care of it ?

OpenAFS cheats and uses a private inode pool (and really shouldn't, but
fixing it isn't just a 15 minute job). It doesn't matter to probably
every other filesystem.