[OpenAFS] AIX pthreaded fileserver -> coredump?

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke@SerNet.DE
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:34:14 +0100

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 06:45:07PM -0500, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> I assume it's not the easy problem: a bosserver started somewhere system
> resource limits are causing no core to be written?

Yes, the file server is started by bosserver.

root@hostname : /home/root 4288 > ulimit -c
2097151

According to the manpage this should be about 1GB core size. This should be
enough I think.

I just started the fileserver standalone, sent it the SEGV signal. I did not
find any core file in /usr/afs/bin, in the current wd and in the smitty-defined
core location. Where should I look?

Thanks,

Volker