[OpenAFS] another set of eyes (or three)

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:22:58 -0500

>  -> Do I need to deinstall it as a DB host before reimaging?

How many dbservers do you have?  If there are at least three, you can take
one down without loss of quorum.  Unless the machine will be out of service
for such a long time that you will reconfigure clients, there is no real
point in removing it from the server-side CellServDB.

Overall, the plan looks workable to me.  Preserving the vice partitions
across the reimage should not pose any particular problems.

It's possible I missed this part, but you'll want to somehow make sure the
AFS KeyFile is installed on the reimaged machine.

Provided you have installed the KeyFile and UserList before starting
anything up, there is no reason you should need to run anything in noauth
mode -- that is really only for setting up a new cell where you don't have
the infrastructure (Kerberos principals, PTS entries, etc) to authenticate
to a new cell.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer