[OpenAFS] magical new servers appear with false / fake ip addresses

Jordi Haarman j.haarman@synantics.com
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:44:53 +0100

Hi!

I have a small setup with a FreeBSD (10.90.1.96, running 1.3.79) server and a
windowsXP (10.90.1.101, running 1.3.8001) server that also functions as a
client. Sometimes when I start the servermanager it 'finds' a 3th
(non-existing) machine with the ip addresses of 0.1.0.0. and 1.96.127.0 and
says for some entries on the ghost server that it has a VLDB entry but that
it could not find the volume on it's partition and for the existing server
that it has no VLDB entry for the volume.

I also can't seem to start the accountmanager.

Any idea what kind of magic is happening?

Jordi