[OpenAFS] Permission denied accessing /afs during installation

Alan Tam Tam@SiuLung.com
Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:33:05 +0800

--------------000508020406090208060401

  Hi Kevin,

On 2005-03-26 03:57, Kevin wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 03:07 +0800, Alan Tam wrote:
>

>>Basically I follow the guide in DebianPlanet [2], which is kind of old -
>>I know. Everything succeeds until "fs checkvolumes" shows simply:
>>

>I recommend you go by the docs at www.openafs.org
>
>Even though I was a complete newbie to openafs when I first did this, I found those docs to be pretty thorough and understandable.

I have also read through the quick installation guide there. However,
since it uses kas, not kerberos, the steps are slightly different. Even
so  I still cannot figure out the differences which made me fail.

In fact I should have asked the following questions in the last mail:

* How do bos authenticate me if I don't specify "-noauth"? Is it
admin@SIULUNG.COM? I don't think I've enough debug messages to tell me
what it tried to authenticate against and then failed.

* Are my kinit getting enough ticket? (default principal
admin@SIULUNG.COM,  service principal krbtgt/SIULUNG.COM@SIULUNG.COM and
afs@SIULUNG.COM).

* What are the necessary conditions for "ls /afs" or "fs setacl /afs
..." to work? What is the acl by default?

Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,
Alan

Answer: Because we read from top to bottom, from left to right.
Question: Why should we put replies after the original text?

--------------000508020406090208060401

<head>
</head>
On 2005-03-26 03:57, Kevin wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 03:07 +0800, Alan Tam wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Basically I follow the guide in DebianPlanet [2], which is kind of old -
  <pre wrap=""><!---->I recommend you go by the docs at <a
 class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.openafs.org">www.openafs.org</a>

Even though I was a complete newbie to openafs when I first did this, I found those docs to be pretty thorough and understandable.
  </pre>
I have also read through the quick installation guide there. However,
since it uses kas, not kerberos, the steps are slightly different. Even
so  I still cannot figure out the differences which made me fail.<br>
In fact I should have asked the following questions in the last mail:<br>
* How do bos authenticate me if I don't specify "-noauth"? Is it
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:admin@SIULUNG.COM">admin@SIULUNG.COM</a>?
I don't think I've enough debug messages to tell me
what it tried to authenticate against and then failed.<br>
* Are my kinit getting enough ticket? (default principal
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:admin@SIULUNG.COM">admin@SIULUNG.COM</a>,
service principal <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
 href="mailto:krbtgt/SIULUNG.COM@SIULUNG.COM">krbtgt/SIULUNG.COM@SIULUNG.COM</a>
and <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:afs@SIULUNG.COM">afs@SIULUNG.COM</a>).<br>
* What are the necessary conditions for "ls /afs" or "fs setacl /afs
..." to work? What is the acl by default?<br>
Thanks for your help.<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="70">--
Regards,
Alan

Answer: Because we read from top to bottom, from left to right.
Question: Why should we put replies after the original text?</pre>

--------------000508020406090208060401--