[OpenAFS] 1.3.80 server strangeness (kernel 2.6.11-gentoo-r3)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:42:54 -0800

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> Well, it's worth noting that "Purify on Linux" is a joke.  The thing you
> can get for Linux that's called "Purify" is really "Purify Lite" or
> whatever they call it, which is a much less useful tool.  Full Purify
> simply is not available for this platform; it turns out that the
> hardware architecture makes it hard-to-impossible to make it work.

Yeah, Purify on Solaris is a different ballgame.  Although still, having
used Purify on Solaris as well, I really like valgrind.  Maybe I'm just
not that sophisticated of a user, but I find valgrind easier to set up and
get working the way that I want.