[OpenAFS] Permission denied accessing /afs during installation

Alan Tam Tam@SiuLung.com
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:48:38 +0800

Hi Kevin,

Do you mean this? http://www.faqs.org/faqs/kerberos-faq/general/

>There are very detailed instructions in that kit and the faq that (for the most part) work perfectly.  For places where they don't work out of the box, search the list archives of openafs-info and openafs-devel for postings by me that Ken and others here resolved for me.

I just want to clarify: "OpenAFS do not work out-of-box with Kerberos."
It is something new to me - I assumed it works, since many others
(including my ex-employer) reported success with it.

>Also, you won't need Ken's monster patch, and I think you only need two binaries from his migration kit: aklog and asetkey.  The others may not build, so you'll have to edit the Makefile and one .c file.

Do you mean the modification which enables krb524 to massage the ticket
for the right principal?

>I'm pretty sure your other questions will be resolved by that reading assignment.  There's alot to read and learn and understand before you are likely to get it operational.  Don't be surprised if you spend several days on it.  I did, but perhaps I'm a bit slow.

I have some difficulty identifying the reading exercise you mentioned,
especially since I've difficulty connecting to
ftp://ftp.cmf.nrl.navy.mil/pub/kerberos5/ .

Thanks a lot!

--
Regards,
Alan