[OpenAFS] Need help bringing a volume back online

Mike Polek mike@pictage.com
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:00:14 -0800

My system room had a power failure yesterday. The fileserver took too
long to shut down, and the UPS ran out of battery. Now, when I bring
the fileserver back online, there is a volume that will not attach.
I tried salvaging the volume individually, and then doing a
bos salvage server -all -localauth. In the FileLog, I still see:

Mon Mar 28 09:51:54 2005 VAttachVolume: volume salvage flag is ON for
/vicepe/V0536873165.vol; volume needs salvage

What do I need to do to get this volume back online?

Please CC me directly, as I get the digest version of the list.

Thanks in advance,
Mike Polek
Pictage, Inc.