[OpenAFS] orphaned root.afs problem during 1.3.80 client upgrade

Hans-Gunther Borrmann hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:48:44 +0200

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 04:24, ted creedon wrote:
> vos syncvldb is OK on 10.1.1.180 (hiawatha) but a local client doesn't see
> the RO cell "bigcell". "Connection timed out" error.

I assume that "bigcell" is the mount point for root.cell in your root.afs. If
a client wants to access /afs/bigcell the volume root.cell.readonly is needed
becaus AFS folllows the read-only path as long as posible. But this volume is
offline. So you get "Connection timed out". You should try to get
root.cell.readonly online again.
Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@rz.uni-freiburg.de>
Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG