[OpenAFS] Monolithic kernel (linux > 2.6.8) without loadable modules support

xcondor@freemail.it xcondor@freemail.it
28 Mar 2005 23:26:30 -0000

Hi,

where I work we are evaluating a large deployment of clients and linux servers interconnected via openAFS. We'd like to start with a test on two servers replicating some folder with openAFS. My problem is that an enterprise wide security policy enforce me to  deploy every server without loadable modules support. I would like to ask if is it possible in some way to have a linux kernel (version > 2.6.8) compiled without loadable modules support fully supporting openAFS read and write. I've seen that the kernel built-in openAFS support is read only.

Thank you in advance.

Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/