[OpenAFS] 1.3.80 crashing AIX 5.1 (Modified by Kurt A. Seiffert)

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:24:47 +0200

On Mar 23, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Kurt A. Seiffert wrote:

> I'm trying to do some testing with 1.3.79 and 1.3.80 on an SP node
> running AIX 5.1. I am just running the client portion of OpenAFS. I
> can load the kernel modules and can browse the /afs filesystem without
> authentication. I can then execute klog successfully and get
> authenticated. But once authenticated, if I try to browse or cd into
> the /afs filesystem, the machine crashes with DATA STORAGE INTERRUPT
> errors.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this?

If you look into the archives you'll find a patch from Nikke which
eliminates that problem you're describing and maybe a few more.
It's not committed yet, that's why you have to apply that patch ;-)

Horst