[OpenAFS] suggestion for linux kernel modules

Tim Spriggs tims@lpl.arizona.edu
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:31:15 -0700 (MST)

Hi Joe,

  I just thought I would point out the uname is a standard utility and
works almost everywhere. On the other hand, my kernel doesn't provide a
/proc/ksyms (2.6.12.5 vanilla kernel)

  This may be a good idea but the implementation needs some modification
to be more general. This is probably why uname was used in the first
place.

-Tim

  /++--._.--++\  .                     _.-._
                                            \
Lunar and Planetary Lab                     }>
(520) 626 - 4991 -- SS 416                 _/

1629 E. University Blvd.
University of Arizona