[OpenAFS] 1.4.0 Solaris 10 sparc client hang

Tim Spriggs tims@lpl.arizona.edu
Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:26:41 -0700

Jeffrey Altman wrote:

>Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Christopher D. Clausen wrote:
>>

>>>cmdebug appears to hang forever, unless it takes a LONG time to
>>>generate output... (and it doesn't on my other servers.)
>>>
>>>I assume this is not a good sign?
>>>

>>Well, it will make it rather hard to figure out what deadlock might
>>exist, yes.
>>
>>Derrick
>>

>The cmdebug -addrs and cmdebug -cache  queries both hang as well.

I see similar lockups on Solaris 11 x86. After kinit, aklog never returns:

# ./bin/cmdebug afsone -long
cmdebug: error checking locks: server or network not responding
cmdebug: failed to get cache entry 0 (server or network not responding)
# uname -a
SunOS salenor 5.11 snv_20 i86pc i386 i86pc

-Tim