[OpenAFS] 1.4.0 on Solaris 10 x86/amd64

Loic Tortay tortay@cc.in2p3.fr
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:22:05 +0100

According to chas williams - CONTRACTOR:
[...]
> unfortunately, i dont have an exact release.  its "OpenAFS devel built
> 2005-02-20".  that would seem to be between 1.3.78 and 1.3.79.
>
> >So the problem seems to be due to the newer Solaris 10 kernels.
>
> i run memcache.  that's about the only difference i guess.  any
> other special options you might give to afsd?  -dynroot?

No special options to "afsd", we use neither "dynroot" nor memcache.

The only additional option to "afsd" is "-nosettime" (but the problem
also occurs without this option).

The filesystem used for the AFS cache is mounted with the "nologging"
option (whether the filesystem is dedicated to the cache or not).

The "known working" release (that does not work in our environment) I
have been able to test is actually not 1.3.76 but something probably
more akin to 1.3.79 (just like yours):
 % what /usr/vice/etc/afsd | grep 'OpenAFS '
            OpenAFS devel built  2005-02-18
 %

I have seen the #22320 problem with 1.3.87 and all 1.4.0 release
candidates I have tested (including rc8), I have not been able to test
1.4.1 and the final 1.4.0 release though.

As mentionned in the ticket, the exact same configuration works on the
same machine in 32 bit mode (the only change being the
'boot-file=3Dkernel/unix' boot parameter and, obviously, a reboot).

Lo=EFc.
--=20
| Lo=EFc Tortay <tortay@cc.in2p3.fr> -     IN2P3 Computing Centre     |