[OpenAFS] Network Mapping vanishing on Windows

Christof Hanke hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Wed, 09 Nov 2005 15:04:33 +0100

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour of the OpenAfs-client 1.4.0008 for windows on=20
a XP box.
Everything's setup, I have a token and can access my files.
I am able to map a network drive to a AFS-directory using the explorer=20
(or "net use", doesn't matter, I believe). The mapping survives a=20
reboot, as it should.
Doing some tests, a colleague stumbled over the follwing:

If you remove the client icon from the system tray (right-click ->=20
remove icon) and then start the client again (using the bottomleft start=20
menu), the drive mapping vanishes and does not appear after a reboot as=20
well. (The box "reconnect at logon" in the explorer-dialog is ticked.)

Do I miss something obvious (I don't know Windows very well)?

This might be related to following observation:
The PC I'm using is part of an AD, but I do not use integrated logon.
An obtained token survives a log on / log off sequence, but
the drive mappings do not. Anything I can do about that one ?
(The box "reconnect at logon" in the explorer-dialog is ticked, as above)

Christof

Christof Hanke                 		e-mail hanke@rzg.mpg.de
RZG (Rechenzentrum Garching)		phone +49-89-3299-1788
Computing Center of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) and the
Institut f=FCr Plasmaphysik (IPP)