[OpenAFS] Upgrade & Migration

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:32:52 +0100

David Sonenberg wrote:
> I would like to upgrade my openafs system to 1.4.0, and the to a new OS
> at the same time.  So here's what I've got currently:
> 3 servers running openafs 1.2.13 on a linux 2.4.X kernel without
> kerberos.  All the database are replicate, and all three servers each
> have /vicepa which is physically located on an external SCSI RAID box.
> I would like the new system to run 1.4.0 and run the latest 2.6.X
> kernel.  My question is what would be the best way to migrate the
> systems?  Should I do it one at a time, and if so would the 1.4 binarie=
> from the new system work on the others(which will most likely be built
> with a different version of GCC and glibc), or should I do all three at
> the same time?  Are there any documents on migrating the databases to a
> new system?  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I assume 1.2.13 and 1.4.0 will work flawless together in a network.
So just migrate one after another.
And: there is no need to convert the database.
It should work out of the box with 1.4.0.

Cya
Lars
--=20
TU Graz, Institut f=FCr ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel.: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
PGP-Key-ID: 0xB87A0E03