[OpenAFS] afs major number ?

Ron Croonenberg ronc@DePauw.edu
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:55:56 EST

Well i have OpenAFS working on OpenSI for a while now.

Things seem to work pretty stable, however we needed a "hack" in some SSI filesystem handling when
a process migrates to another clusternode.

We think we have a good solution for it instead of just a hack.

the question is, does AFS have a unique major number ?

this is very vague, but we're trying to come up with something like :

if (S_ISAFS(inode->i_mode)) {
    if ((inode->i_ino == path->ino &&
    inode->i_generation == path->generation &&
    par_mount(inode->i_sb->s_ssidev, path->ssidev)))
    return 1;
    }

Ron
1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |