[OpenAFS] 2 simple questions

Klaas Hagemann kerberos@northsailor.de
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:53:58 +0100

Hi Dirk,

>1) For users home directories in AFS, is it save to remove
>system:administrators from the ACLs (the users have rlidwka on their
>$HOME)?

there is no problem removing system:administrators from acls, this can
be added from members of system:administrators again with no problems.
Afaik it is not possible to lock out administrators.

>2) I currently have /afs and /afs/<mydomain> owned by root:root, but
>i.e. /afs/<mydomain>/data is owned by afsadm:afs (150:150), afsadm being a
>member of system:administrators. Is it ok to have /afs (the volume, not the
>mount point) and /afs/<mydomain> be owned by afsadm:afs?

I do not see any problems regarding the ownership of these directories,
acl's are the important point.

>Thanx...

Hopy, i could help.

>	Dirk