[OpenAFS] 1.4.0 on Solaris 10 x86/amd64

Kris Kasner tkasner@qualcomm.com
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:52:24 -0800 (PST)

---559023410-3036460-1132620744=:14513

Awesome..

I just compiled 1.4.1 with Studio 11 (and the patch you pointed me to), and=
 it=20
appears to be working just fine booted 64bit

I forgot to clear the cache as you suggested, but doing=20
find . -type f -exec sum {} \;
from an afs directory gave me what I was expecting to see, and fs getcache=
=20
shows the cached data..

Should I clear it just to be paranoid? I really wouldn't expect the kernel'=
s=20
boot mode to effect previously cached data, unless afs is doing different=
=20
things to index the data depending on the boot mode?

Thanks for letting me know the resolution to the 64bit issue - I really=20
appriciate it!

--Kris

Friday at 18:26, Loic Tortay <tortay@cc.in2p3.fr> wrote:

> According to Kris Kasner:
>>
>> Is anyone successfully using 1.4.0 on Solaris 10 x86 amd64 with Solaris =
booted
>> 64bit (the default)?
>>
> This problem is solved in 1.4.1-rc1 (make sure to clear your cache if
> you change from 32 to 64 bit mode).
>
> You need to apply the patch attached to OpenAFS ticket #22568 to be
> able to compile and test that release on Solaris 10.
>

> Lo=EFc.

--=20

Thomas Kris Kasner                  Qualcomm Inc.
UNIX Infrastructure Architecture    5775 Morehouse Drive
UNIX Systems Administration =09    San Diego, CA 92121
 =09=09=09=09    (858)658-4932

Outside of a dog, A book is man's best friend.
 =09Inside of a dog... It's too dark to read! (unknown)
---559023410-3036460-1132620744=:14513--