[OpenAFS] AFS and Apache Virtual Directory

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:01:55 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 10:44:58AM +0100, Lars Schimmer wrote:

> Suman Kansakar wrote:
> > Does anybody have any experience with using an AFS directory as a
> > virtual directory of an Apache server running on Linux? If yes, could
> > you give me some pointers on making this work? Just for the sake of
> > trying, I created a symlink inside the /var/www/html directory that
> > points to the AFS directory. I can browse the directory fine as a root
> > or any other user, but Apache refuses to recognize it. It has to do
> > with authentication I believe, but not sure on how to tackle this
> > problem.
>
> I just told the apache2 virtual server the server root is in
> /afs/cgv.tugraz.at/...
> But for that I needed special machine accounts in AFS. Yes, security
> leak. I know.

Hmm ... have a look at http://www.pinguin-burg.de . This site is 100% served
from AFS - including the Wiki. Apache uses a token to access those files.

Currently I use a skript refreshing the token for apache's UID at a regular basis
( su - www-data make_token_from_keytab apache.keytab ) but I'm going to put
Apache in a PAG ASAP.

Regards,

Frank