[OpenAFS] Building OpenAFS on MacOSX

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:11:13 -0600

Frank Burkhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as a linux admin with ~ 0 knowledge about MacOSX I've got a little problem.
> I need AFS on some MacOSX machines. I know how to compile software packages
> on linux but I don't have a clue, even where to start on MacOSX. Is there a
> howto (what packages to install, what traps to watch for, how to build a
> MacOSX-Package) for building OpenAFS on MacOS?.

I too amy not a real Mac person. You may need the MacOS xcode code development
packaged, I had it installed before I looked at OpenAFS.

Actually I found it rather easy to build OpenAFS on MacOS 10.4, as it is
based on unix based.

./configure \
       --enable-largefile-fileserver \
       --with-krb5-conf=/usr/bin/krb5-config