[OpenAFS] 2 gig file limit ?

Steve Devine sdevine@msu.edu
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:48:17 -0500

Russ Allbery wrote:

>Steve Devine <sdevine@msu.edu> writes:
>

>>Is 2 gig still the limit for files?
>>

>No, >2GB files are supported if you build with
>--enable-largefile-fileserver.
>

>>How about Vols.
>>

>Volumes have never been limited to 2GB.  Volumes have not had an effective
>limit that you're likely to run into for quite a while.  (Your underlying
>file system and various overflow issues probably impose some limit up in
>the terabyte range.)

I rebuilt from src (Version 1.4.0) using the flag suggested and it still
failed.
Are there any docs on this? Do I need to change any configs at start time?
Does the client have to changed as well? I only changed the server
software. (./root.server/usr/afs/bin/*)
Thanks .
/sd

--
Steve Devine
Storage Systems

506 Computer Center
East Lansing, MI 48824-1042
1-517-432-7327

Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical.
- Yogi Berra