[OpenAFS] perl CPAN AFS modules for debian

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:48:05 -0800

Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> writes:

> I installed the debian-package-source of openafs and told perl that
> directory.  Has anyone a tip or maybe two debs for me?

Debian packages for the AFS Perl modules are available from:

    deb http://archives.eyrie.org/debian stable main

(unstable and testing also supported) for x86.  They're not available for
any other platform right now because right now building the AFS Perl
module requires linking non-PIC code into a shared library, which only
works properly on a few platforms (x86 being one of them).

In order to properly build the AFS Perl modules, we need PIC AFS
libraries, which is going to require a fair bit of work on the OpenAFS
side.