[OpenAFS] LDAP backend for authentication (Re: LDAP authentication)

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:35:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Derek Atkins wrote:
> LDAP is *NOT* an authentication service.  If you think it is,
> then you are just confused.

Sorry, I guess I was. Probably more correct to say that in the
system here, the PAM is the authentication agent, and LDAP is
the backend directory service.

So if get the Heimdal Kerberos work with OpenLDAP as backend, it
should work fine to authenticate AFS, is that correct? So I can
put all user and grouping informations in the LDAP, and used /
passed by the Kerberos agent to authenticate / authorize usage
of AFS files and directories?

Thanks!

--
                               Stephan Paul Arif Sahari Wibowo