[OpenAFS] database server hardware requirements?

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 12:20:33 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 05:32:35PM -0400, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> What are minimal hardware requirements (drive size, memory, etc) for a
> database only server for OpenAFS?

The smallest one I've ever had in production was a Pentium-I 120 with 64MB
RAM and a 340MB IDE-Drive but I bet it could be even smaller :-)

It depends on the size of your cell but if it's really only a Database
server, you should just make sure that the Database fits into the disk cache
(my current database is ~ 8MB for 5 fileservers, 1300 volumes and 500
users). You should add some CPU power if the server is a Kerberos-KDC, too.

Regards,

Frank