[OpenAFS] changing administrative principal?

Frank Burkhardt fbo2@gmx.net
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 19:00:35 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 12:30:13PM -0400, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> How do I change the administrative principal of my cell?  And is it
> necessary to have the my_afs_princ/admin notation if my_afs_princ is
> dedicated specifically for being the admin principal for my OpenAFS
> cell?

Remove the current admin principal from the system:administrators group, add
the new one to this group (pts add ..., pts remove ...).

Remove the current admin from the userlists of *all* afs-servers of your
cell and add the new one to userlist of *all* afs-servers (bos removeuser
..., bos adduser ...).

Frank