[OpenAFS] default token lifetime in Windows OpenAFS client

Dj Merrill deej@thayer.dartmouth.edu
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:43:50 -0400

Hi all,
	I think I am just too close to this and am missing something
obvious, and I'm hoping one of you can point me in the right direction.
We have a completely working system under Linux - OpenAFS 1.2.13,
Kerberos 5 auth, and when Linux clients login they get the appropriate
Kerberos tickets and the AFS tokens are the default 25 hours.
I have the maxlifetime set to 30 days for some of our more
computationally intensive users that run jobs spanning several days,
and they can obtain the extended life tokens just fine.

	We are incorporating Windows XP machines into the AFS system,
and we've installed MIT Kerberos for Windows 2.6.5, and OpenAFS
client 1.4 rc6.  Things seem to be working okay with integrated login,
etc, however, the default lifetime of the AFS tokens are 30 days.
How can I get the AFS tokens obtained from the Windows OpenAFS
client to be 25 hours, with the option of the user getting an
extended token of up to 30 days if they wish?

Thanks,

-Dj