[OpenAFS] Solaris 10/SMF

Kris Kasner tkasner@qualcomm.com
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

I've been doing the pseudo afs client in zones for a while with the IBM
client.. it works pretty well. Everything looks and feels like a normal afs
client as long as you not only do lofs for /afs, but for /usr/vice as well (req
for the config files in /usr/vice/etc - allows klog/vos/fs/... to work right)

This is what I add to the config for afs support:
add fs
set dir=/afs
set special=/afs
set type=lofs
end
add fs
set dir=/usr/vice
set special=/usr/vice
set type=lofs
end

SMF manifests instead of legacy scripts would be great - they'd just need to
be configured to not try and restart. Looking forward to trying them out!

--Kris

--

Thomas Kris Kasner                  Qualcomm Inc.
UNIX Systems Administration 	    5775 Morehouse Drive

You can never really know rejection, Until you are ignored by a Cat. (unknown)