[OpenAFS] OS 10.4 and Kerberos 5 aklog

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:39:31 -0400

>I can confirm that on Tiger aklog will be built when --with-krb5-config
>is specified.
>
>I think the test simply needs to be:
>
>  if "krb5-config" can be located in the path
>  then --with-krb5-config should default to "on" unless an explicit
>       --with-krb5 is specified.
>
>This should work for all platforms on which krb5-config is distributed.

My only caution is that sometimes krb5-config doesn't produce correct
output (e.g: The last version of Heimdal I tested on Solaris didn't include
the threads library in the library output, which meant you couldn't configure
aklog using a stock krb5-config).  I'm not picking on Heimdal; certainly
problems have existed in the MIT krb5-config script in the past.  I guess
what I'm trying to say is: I think this is a reasonable default, but it
should be overridable; you should be able to pick a particular krb5-config
script if the first one in the past isn't what you want, and you should
be able to provide your own Kerberos flags/library if the ones from
krb5-config aren't correct.

--Ken