[OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:25:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005, Jason Frisch wrote:

> I think I have it!
>
> 1. # */usr/afs/bin/vos create* <machine name> <partition name> *root.cell*
> 2. # */usr/afs/bin/fs mkmount /afs/*cellname *root.cell*
> 3. # */usr/afs/bin/fs setacl /afs/*cellname *system:anyuser rl

Well, that's fine, but not why root.afs can't be mounted on /afs

> I think I missed this bit.
>
> # vos create -server localhost -partition /vicepa -name root.cell
> vsu_ClientInit: Could not get afs tokens, running unauthenticated.

-localauth, or get admin tokens

> [root@backup vicepa]# fs mkmount -dir /viceafs -cell tsukaeru.net -vol
root.cell

/viceafs??

> Do I need to create /afs/tsukaeru.net manually? I probably just have he
> options wrong again :-(

you're confused.

And the docs are no excuse. There are perfectly valid documents explaining
how to set up a cell which have existed forever, were right when I set up
a cell in 1994, and still are. No, I won't provide a pointer, unless you
agree to send me a case of Jones Diet Black Cherry when I tell you what search
string I passed to google and had the answer staring me in the face ;-)

Derrick