[OpenAFS] Can't mount AFS

Esther Filderman mizmoose@gmail.com
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 07:48:23 -0400

On 10/14/05, Jason Frisch <jfrisch@tsukaeru.net> wrote:

> *3. # */usr/afs/bin/fs setacl /afs/*cellname *system:anyuser rl
>
> Hmm. I am not sure what is what in this one.. Is system:anyuser the
> acl? what is r1..the id?

system:anyuser is a pre-defined short-hand pts group which means
"anyone in AFS-land, anywhere", including other AFS cells.

Other pre-defined pts groups incluce "system:authuser" (anyone
authenticated to your cell) and "system:administrators" (anyone YOU
define as having admin power in your cell -- but not necessarily on
your fileservers [which is controlled by the UserList file on your
fileserver])

A pts group can be used to set acls instead of specifying userids one by on=
e.

rl (RL, not r1) is the access rights for the person/group you are
giving protection for.  AFS protections are some combination of
RLIWDKA.  The definition of each is fully documented.

> Sorry for all the dumb questions. If only someone would update the
> docs hey!

We're workign on it, but this stuff is already in there.