[OpenAFS] Cache question on windows RC6

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:53:17 +0200

Hi!

Some of my users has some issues with the ondiskcache in OpenAFS RC6 on
windows XP SP2.
So I just want to ask if there are some known issues (I haven=B4t found
anything in release notes not in known issues or in the history file for
RC8).
User foo logs on linux server one and creates a file in afs directory bar.
Right after that user foo takes his windows desktop with the explorer to
directory bar and found no files.
If I control this directory on another linux client (RC4), the file is
available.
Another user told me, with the RC3 the "update explorer dir with F5"
works, which doesn=B4t work under RC5. But the "automatic update of the
directory" isn=B4t working at least within 10 min.
The volume is mounted with the -rw switch into the afs tree and the
fileservers are both RC4 on linux. And there are RO copies of the
volumes available.

I am a bit away from the machines so I can=B4t really test this behaviour
this week, so I just can ask here.

Cya& Thx
Lars