[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.0-rc8 Compile Error With Krb5 on OS 10.3

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:52:09 -0700

Hello.

Since successfully compiling on 10.4.2, I'm now trying to test OpenAFS
1.4 on 10.3, but I'm having some problems compiling it with krb5 support.

Basically, I have a fresh 10.3 install updated to 10.3.9 with the Mit
Kerberos Extras installed.  When make'ing, I get the following error:

aklog_main.c:204:2: #error "You must have one of krb5_524_convert_creds
or krb524_convert_creds_kdc available"
make[3]: *** [aklog_main.o] Error 1

Okay, that makes sense and when going back up to the configure, I see
now that it says:

Configuring support for Kerberos 5 utilities
checking for add_to_error_table... no
checking for add_error_table... no
checking for krb5_princ_size... no
checking for krb5_principal_get_comp_string... no
checking for krb5_524_convert_creds... no
checking for krb524_convert_creds_kdc... no
checking kerberosIV/krb.h usability... yes
checking kerberosIV/krb.h presence... yes
checking for kerberosIV/krb.h... yes
checking for krb5_creds.keyblock existence... yes
checking for krb5_creds.session existence... no

Well, it seems like some kerberos things are missing.  I didn't have a
krb5-config script, but I used the manual settings below, which could be
completely wrong:
KRB5CFLAGS=-I/usr/include
KRB5LIBS=-L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto
-lkrb5support -lcom_err -lresolv

Anyways, I was just wondering if I was missing something in a Kerberos
install, or if my flags are all wrong, or if it's something else.  If
it's something with my install, then I'll take this over to the Kerberos
lists, but I just thought I would check here first.

Thanks.

-Mike