[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.0-rc8 Compile Error With Krb5 on OS 10.3

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:42:59 -0700

Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> configure:13395: checking for krb5_524_convert_creds
>> configure:13445: cc -o conftest -g -O2  -I/usr/include  conftest.c
>> -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lkrb5support
>> -lcom_err -lresolv >&5
>> ld: unknown flag: -rpath
>>

> Dumb question time: where the heck did -Wl,-rpath come from?

Here's my answer that's stupid: I guess I grabbed it from a Linux
install I've been working on, rather than the 10.4 I had.

>> So I created a conftest.h and .c (from the configure script), and tried
>> removing the -rpath, but then it complained:
>>
>> ld: can't map file: /usr/lib ((os/kern) invalid argument)
>>

> I suspect that you left in -Wl,/usr/lib ... you need to remove that as well.

You're right.  After taking the 10.4 flags (which I originally thought I
had, dumb me), and cleaned them up, I ended up with

KRB5LIBS=-L/usr/lib -Wl,-search_paths_first -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err
-lresolv

which works perfectly.  This whole thing was a guess to me as I'm not a
developer, and really don't tend to mess with flags all that much.

Sorry for creating the extra noise, but you are absolutely correct in
your entire response.

Thanks,
-Mike