[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 RC1 Cache on OS X 10.4.2

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:05:40 -0700

I just finished installing a test OS X 10.4.2 client with 1.4.1-rc1, and
I seem to be having some strange caching issues.  Basically, on the
server, I have a public/ directory, and within that directory is a
scripts/ directory.  Well, what happened was I tried to run the script
from the Mac, it failed, so I tweaked it on the server, and then tried
to re-run it on the Mac, and then it reported 'script.sh not found'.
Even weirder is that if I did an 'ls' it listed it, but if I did a 'ls
-al' it listed all the other files in there, but that one file, and
reported an error 'ls: script not found'

So, I did some testing and basically it seems there is a caching
problem.  If I create one file on the server, cat it on the client,
modify it on the server, and then re-cat it on the client, the changes
aren't acknowledged.

My question is, before I submit a bug report, what's the proper way to
clear the cache on the Mac client?  I see you can delete the cache/
items, but everything I've seen says to be sure afsd isn't running,
which I don't know the proper way to shut it down on the Mac clients (no
init script).

Any ideas?  Rebooting is a pain :)

-Mike