[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.4.1 RC1 Cache on OS X 10.4.2

Mike Bydalek mbydalek@contentconnections.com
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:04:41 -0700

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Mike Bydalek wrote:
>
>> My question is, before I submit a bug report, what's the proper way to
>> clear the cache on the Mac client?  I see you can delete the cache/
>> items, but everything I've seen says to be sure afsd isn't running,
>> which I don't know the proper way to shut it down on the Mac clients (no
>> init script).
>>

> "fs flushvolume <path-to-dir>"
> "fs flush <path-to-file>"

I tried running 'fs flushvolume /var/db/openafs/cache/' but I get an
error saying invalid argument.  I am assuming you do that against the
cache volume, of course, based on my cacheinfo file, which contains:
/afs:/var/db/openafs/cache:30000

Just to verify whether or not this is a caching issue, per the admin
documentation, I tried the following, but it looks like it never resets
the cache:

# fs getcacheparms
AFS using 289 of the cache's available 30000 1K byte blocks.
# fs setcachesize 0
New cache size set.
# fs setcachesize -reset
New cache size set.
# fs getcacheparms
AFS using 289 of the cache's available 30000 1K byte blocks.

Am I doing all this right, or am I way off?

> Check to make sure you are not behind a firewall/NAT that is blocking
> the callback break messages from the server.

I'm not, this is a pure LAN test environment that I'm using.

-Mike