[OpenAFS] openafs with diskless clients

Tim Spriggs tims@lpl.arizona.edu
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 07:53:59 -0700 (MST)

This has been suggested before and someone was working on doing that (you
could look in the archives for a related email. You will have to use the
memcache option for afsd and you will need an initrd image with the
openafs client installed onto it.

Also, you will have to modify the initrd to chroot into the correct afs
directory once afs has been mounted.

I wonder how great of an idea this is because of where the credentials
will be stored when someone runs kinit/aklog. Perhaps it is not an issue
in your configuration?

I have been considering adding afs support to our Penguin cluster which
would entail making some of the above changes to our pxe boot image.

-Tim

  /++--._.--++\  .                     _.-._
                                            \
Lunar and Planetary Lab                     }>
(520) 626 - 4991 -- SS 416                 _/

1629 E. University Blvd.
University of Arizona