[OpenAFS] Stopping afsd on Solaris?

Coy Hile coy.hile@coyhile.ca
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:19:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, E. Chris Garrison wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions, Coy.
>
> It doesn't complain about any of those, but the afsd processes are
> still running and 'modinfo' still shows the module.

I've seen the same thing here on my systems.  When the processes are stuck
(I think they're waiting for kernel threads or something so they can't be
killed), the only recourse I've had is to reboot.  But, I've also found
that when I shutdown the client first, then the server using the process
I listed (though if the machine in question is running both the client and
server, don't modunload until the end), the afsd processes shutdown.

One caveat though is that if things are trying to access files in AFS on
the client while you shutdown the client, the afsd processes won't die.

I'm in no way an authority on this; I"m just sharing my experiences.

--
Coy Hile
coy.hile@coyhile.ca