[OpenAFS] ptserver seqfault on amd64

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:39:09 -0500

On Saturday, October 29, 2005 07:53:15 PM -0600 Dave Broudy
<dave@broudy.net> wrote:

> I have a amd64 system running Debian Sarge (from amd64.debian.net, not
> the ia32 one) and I've installed and configured openafs 1.3.81 (server
> and client) on this machine. The kernel is the stock amd64-k8 debian
> package, 2.6.8-11. Module was built using module-assistant. Kernel and
> module built using gcc-3.4.

Have you tried an IA32 ptserver?
Have you tried building the latest OpenAFS-1.4.0 release candidate?

I seem to remember we fixed a number of problems related to various tools
crashing on amd64, including the ptserver.  I don't remember how long ago
that was.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer