[OpenAFS] Fileserver can't be managed from it self

Jose Calhariz jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 06:24:40 +0100

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 07:53:14PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>=20
>=20
> On Monday, August 29, 2005 03:32:55 PM +0100 Jose Calhariz=20
> <jose.calhariz@tagus.ist.utl.pt> wrote:
>=20
> >
> >I have a file server that I can manage remotely, but locally I can
> >manage other machines but not the localhost.  I can do "vos examine" a
> >any volume, but I can't do "vos listvol" of itself.
> >
> >I don't have a clue where to start looking for problems, as everything
> >seems to be right.
>=20
> Exactly what command did you type?
> Exactly what response did you get?

The machine is called marta.

root@marta> vos partinfo -server ana -partition /vicepa
Free space on partition /vicepaa: 3337876 K blocks out of total 17767292

root@marta> vos partinfo -server marta -partition /vicepaa
Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
Possible communication failure
Possible communication failure

ana is a dbserver and fileserver.
marta is only a fileserver.

This are the kind of problems I see.  If I give this commands from
another machine, I don't have any problem.