[OpenAFS] oops with 1.3.87 and diskcache on linux 2.4.31

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:53:44 -0400

In message <Pine.LNX.4.62.0509030301410.17468@tassadar.physics.auth.gr>,Dimitris Zilaskos writes:
> 	Second oops for today , almost idectical as the previous ones.
>>From occuring once per week it went down to once every 3 days and now once
>every 12 hours. The box is still accesible up though I cant tell for how
>long (700+load. processes entering D state all the time)

that load seems pretty high.  can you try 1.4.0-rc2?  it did fix a
small issue with recycling vnodes that might tend to make the cpu a
bit hyperactive.

http://dl.openafs.org/dl/candidate/1.4.0-rc2/openafs-1.4.0-rc2-src.tar.gz

>ocal/lib/openafs/libafs-2.4.31.mp.o entry
>dcache hckernel BUG at /usr/src/openafs-1.3.87/src/rx/rx_kcommon.c:131!

i dont know much about "dcache hc".  i would like to know if
you see it in the 1.4.0 release though.