[OpenAFS] Build problem on SuSE 9.2 with openafs-1.4.0-rc1

Jeremy Bowen jeremyb@iserve.net.nz
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:32:15 +1200

> > (I've also just re-built my kernel to verify that the necessary kernel
> > header files are in fact present on my system)
>
> Fine. Where'd you build it? Not in /usr/include. Where?

/usr/src/linux

> --with-linux-kernel-headers=/that/path

OK I've just tried that. However now I've run up against another problem:
/home/jeremyb/Work/openafs-1.4.0-rc1/src/afs/LINUX/osi_machdep.h:55:2: #error
Not sure what to do about rlim (should be in the Linux task struct
somewhere....)

It appears that configure hasn't determined that the task_struct used on my
system has rlim as an element.
I have struct task_struct defined in /usr/src/linux/include/linux/sched.h and
it includes a struct rlimit rlim[RLIM_NLIMITS]; member

configure looks for this on line 4010 but doesn't appear to find it.

The configure code looks reasonable but I'm not too familiar with configure
scripts so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.
=======================================
cat > conftest.$ac_ext <<EOF
#line 4018 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"