[OpenAFS] Directory dates under Linux 2.6.12

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:35:27 -0400

In message <1125930724.431c56e47b116@webtest2.rrz.uni-koeln.de>,Jochen Roderburg writes:
>I tried it out today and this change helped indeed. Now the directory dates are
>again changed immediately after a change iside the directory.
>If I see right, the patch just deletes a piece of new code again?

it was changed as part of one my updates.  however its not safe to assume
CStatd means the inode and vnode are in sync.  tracking the dataversion
wouldnt help either apparently.  a real fix might patch afs_SimpleVStat()
to propagate changes to the inode.

the original code always updated the inode info but had to handle the
fake inode stuff itself.  if we know the inode in question isnt a fake
inode (not a mount point i.e. mvstat == 0) we could take a shortcut and
just use copyoutattrs() which would avoid taking a credential reference.

for the 1.4.0 release, the current fix is fine.