[OpenAFS] OpenAFS in a production environment

Rodney M Dyer rmdyer@uncc.edu
Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:17:39 -0400

At 06:29 PM 9/7/2005, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:

>What we fixed was crappy behavior when a client falls off the network and
>then later comes back with a different IP address, while the fileserver
>has tried to break a callback in the meantime.  The IETF network had some
>problems that week, one effect of which was that clients tended to do this
>a lot.

Don't pride yourself too much, this problem still existed until recently
when we made Jeff Altman aware of issues on the server side with
1.2.13.  He apparently has worked out a interim solution.

Rodney