[OpenAFS] Client start issues

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:41:37 -0400

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> Note that as of the latest Debian packages, we no longer even bother
> trying to patch the OpenAFS init script and just ship our own separate
> init script and afs.conf file, since the divergences are considerable.

FWIW I was considering this for Red Hat / Fedora RPMs, too..  Not only
just providing my own scripts (and ignoring the existing ones), but
also separating out the afs-client from afs-server into different
initscripts so they can be configured separately using the standard
service configuration methods instead of a conf.file.

-derek