[OpenAFS] AFS authentication dialog box on Windows

Lewis, Dave LEWIS@NKI.RFMH.ORG
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:06:56 -0400

Hi,

I'm wondering how to configure the OpenAFS Windows client so that the =
"Obtain New AFS Tokens" dialog box doesn't pop up every time someone =
logs in to Windows. I still want the padlock icon to appear in the =
system tray so that users can click it to obtain tokens if they need to. =
It's not very high priority of course, but it would be nice to know how.

(We have some Windows PCs on which the AFS client is used only =
occasionally. Usually when people log in, they don't want to =
authenticate to AFS and they click cancel. I'd like to configure it so =
that they get the "Obtain New AFS Tokens" dialog box only when they =
click the padlock icon. We have Windows XP Pro running OpenAFS client =
1.3.85.)

Thanks,
Dave